Education Department, Louisville Zoo
The Louisville Zoo is seeking seasonal employees to work as a part of the Education Department. In this role, employees will work with children, delivering educational programming for field trip students, Night Safari programs, and during the Zoo’s 10 week summer Safari Day Camp program.
To be considered, applicants must:
- have completed at least one year of college and should be seeking a degree in education or biology
- have one year of experience working with children in a school or other teaching setting (school, day camp, zoo, or other cultural attraction)
- be able to handle small exotic animals for education purposes
- be willing to be 1st Aid/CPR certified
- work from March 1- November 30.
Background knowledge of biology, ecology or related is preferred. Candidates with backgrounds in early childhood or elementary education are highly desired.
Candidates will spend long periods of time standing and walking and must have good communication/teaching skills. Some consideration will be made for applicants that have full time summer only availability.
Candidates should expect a varied part-time schedule throughout the school year and full time hours during the summer (May 29-August 3). Must pass a federal background check. Hourly starting rate is $13.50
To apply: email the Zoo’s Human Resources Manager, Michele Whiteside at Michele.whiteside@